Japanese Green Tea Cheesecake Delicious Dessert In Under 30 Minutes!
Oh yeah! Grandma Juice totally is going there! DESSERT! We had a version of this Green Tea Cheesecake last weekend at a really nice little Sushi place in Bakersfield, CA. I know, Bakersfield and Sushi really don’t belong together in the same sentence, but it totally happened! However, they had a caramel type sauce drizzled over and topped with pecans. I didn’t really dig that. So… I changed it, of course. I also swapped out regular cream cheese for fat free so I can handle my less than girlish figure. Feel free to swap it back in if your girlish figure is still rockin’. It’s very easy, takes 30 minutes or less, and was seriously to die for! Try it!
- (2) 8oz Packages of Fat-Free Cream Cheese (softened)
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1 TBSP Green Tea Powder (find in health food stores & online)
- 2 TSP Vanilla (extract is ok to substitute)
- 1 9 Inch Prepared Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar together with hand or stand mixer until it turns smooth. (stand is way easier!)
- In the same bowl, mix in green tea powder, eggs, and vanilla (or extract) until light and creamy.
- Pour mix into the prepared graham cracker pie crust. (lick the bowl and utensils when done, it’s tasty!)
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when the center jiggles evenly when the cake is shaken lightly. (do NOT shake vigorously, that’s just playing)
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. (over night is best, but if you have no self control, at least wait 1 hour so it’s chilled)
- EAT! ENJOY!
Told you it was quick and easy! What would you serve for dinner with this delicious dessert?
(Nope, not my photo, totally wish I could snap like that!)